As well as our expert medical care, we are dedicated to providing you with a friendly and attentive service to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible.
You will find a lot of useful information below. If we haven’t answered your questions, please do get in touch and we will be happy to help!
- How to access private care
- Why go private at Michelham?
- Planning your visit
- Your room and services
- NHS patient room upgrade
How to access private care
It is very easy to access private healthcare services at Michelham Private Patients Unit in Eastbourne.
Simply discuss your needs with your GP and they will refer you to a specialist Consultant. The Consultant’s secretary will make all the arrangements for your treatment within Michelham.
You can utilise private healthcare services in two ways:
- Via your private health insurance policy
- By paying directly yourself (self-fund)
Contact your insurance company to check your policy details or contact us for a quote.
Why go private at Michelham?
The most popular reasons for choosing private healthcare are:
- Consultant of your choice
- Prompt treatment
- Private en-suite room
- À la carte menu
What makes Michelham different?
Michelham, unlike many private hospitals, has several additional benefits:
- On-site emergency services for added peace of mind
- Do you know that some medical procedures can only be offered in private units that have NHS 24-hour care and emergency services on-site?
- As a secluded private hospital within the Eastbourne District General Hospital, you have immediate access to coronary care units, intensive care and diagnostic facilities. That’s reassuring isn’t it?
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Fixed price surgical packages for self-funding patients
- A wide range of outpatient services – both medical care and complementary therapies
Planning your visit
Together with your booking letter, you will receive a:
- Pre-admission form (requesting personal details) and an
- Undertaking to pay form (requesting financial information)
Please bring these forms with you to your pre-assessment appointment.
What to bring with you:
Please bring whatever you require for a stay away from home including:
- Medication – all current medication to give to your nurse
- X-rays relating to your treatment
- Any favourite skincare and beauty products. We do provide toiletries for your stay
- Your dressing gown and slippers
- Battery chargers for your mobile phone, ipad, kindle and other devices that you may wish to use
You can purchase magazines via the reception staff at Michelham.
Please inform your nurse if you wish to deposit valuables.
You will be able to choose from a three course Á la carte menu and a Lite Bite menu for lunch and dinner. A variety of breakfast options are also available.
We will also aim to provide anything you fancy that is not on the menu, as well as cater for any dietary requirements.
Your Room & Services
All the private en-suite bedrooms are well equipped and comfortable with TV and telephones.
You will be given a personal telephone number to give to your friends and family.
There are also a number of concierge services:
- Direct postal service – please ensure that post is addressed to your full name, Michelham Private Patients Unit, c/o Easbourne DGH and the full address of the hospital
- Special occasion cakes can be ordered and delivered to your room
- Alcoholic drinks if medically permitted – we are licensed
- Visits from the clergy can be arranged for various denominations. The chapel is next door Michelham if you wish to use it with friends and family
- There is a small shop and florist within the main hospital. The shop also has a mobile service that visits the Unit
- Our reception staff will also be happy to arrange for the purchase of magazines. We provide a complementary newspaper every day
- Valuables deposit box
We are not able to permit pets other than Guide and Hearing Dogs.
Guests are welcome at any time up until 9.30 pm, at the discretion of the nursing staff.
You can arrange for your guests to join you for meals and beverages.
NHS patient room upgrade
Private Accommodation Scheme
Would you like the benefit of a secluded, en-suite room within the Michelham Unit, while you receive your NHS treatment?
You can book before you arrive or upgrade once you are at the hospital.
You can enjoy the three course Á la carte menu and all the concierge services during your stay.