Mr Peter Rimington
M.B.CHB. M.MED (UROL), F.C.S
Consultant Urological Surgeon
Specialist Laparoscopic Oncologic Surgeon
All laparoscopic surgery, especially for prostate and bladder cancer as well as a range of operations for all benign conditions.
- Consultant Urological Surgeon – East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, Eastbourne.
- Consultant Urological Surgeon – BMI The Esperance Hospital, Eastbourne.
- Honorary Consultant Urological Surgeon to many hospitals including Guy’s and St Thomas, Queen Alexander Portsmouth,Western General Infirmary Edinburgh, Brighton and Sussex University Hospital.
Training & Qualifications
- Qualified 1980 University of Stellenbosch
- Masters in Urology 1990 University of Stellenbosch
- Oncology Leeds General Infirmary, British Urological Foundation.
- Laparoscopic fellowship at Cleveland Clinic with Prof I Gill.
- Research: improving outcomes in pelvic cancer surgery.
- Pioneer: Developed laparoscopic urological surgery in Eastbourne and Sussex. Introduced laparoscopic cystectomy to regular practice in Eastbourne and across the UK. Has the largest single surgeon series of laparoscopic cystectomies in the UK.
- Instructor: National and international courses in laparoscopic urology.
- Reviewer: British journal of Urology International; Journal of endo-urology.
BAUS, EAU, Endourology Association, Member of Executive Committee Section of Endourology UK, Societe International d’Urologie.
Peter is married with 2 daughters and a small black dog. He enjoys cycling and raising funds for the Urology Foundation.