Mr Raj Harshen
MBBS, MS, FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Gen)
Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon
- Laparoscopic and Minimal access Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery
- Day Surgery
- Endoscopy – Upper and Lower
I did my basic and higher surgical training in the South Thames London region.
I did an 18 month fellowship in Laparoscopic Surgery and Pelvic floor surgery at The Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital in London.
I am an accredited specialist in Colorectal surgery
- Laparoscopic cancer resections and inflammatory bowel surgery
- Restorative surgery after inflammatory bowel surgery (Ileal Pouch)
- Pelvic floor surgery for defecatory problems
- Proctological surgery for Haemorrhoids; Fissures; Fistulae
- Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon at Eastbourne District General Hospital, East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon at BMI Esperance Hospital, Eastbourne
- Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon at East Sussex Outpatient Services (ESOPS)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Married to Rema who is a Consultant Oncologist at the Tunbridge Wells & Maidstone NHS trust.
We have one daughter who is training to be a doctor despite our best efforts to steer her away.
Live in Tunbridge Wells.
I am a keen sportsman and play cricket for a non league cricket club in Eastbourne.
Avid Football and F1 enthusiast.