Mr Hosam Elhalwagy
Consultant Gynaecologist & Urogynaecologist.
- Gynaecology ,Urogynaecology ,Minimally invasive surgery and Obstetrics
- Prolapse and pelvic floor surgery
- Stress incontinence treatment
- Menopause and psychosexual problem
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Menstrual Disorders
- Painful Periods
- Pelvic/Perineal Pain
- Post partum obstetric anal sphincter injuries
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery
- Urogynaecology , pelvic floor surgery and recurrent prolapse
- Female stress incontinence surgery
- Outpatient one stop stress incontinence treatment
- Urogynaecology and pelvic floor surgery
- Minimally invasive gynaecology
Year first qualified: November 1987
Current membership and professional bodies
- General medical counsel
- British Society of gynae-endoscopy
- British society of Urogynaecology
Mr Elhalwagy is a consultant Gynaecologist and Urogynaecologist. He is currently the Lead urogynaecologist at East Sussex healthcare NHS trust where he has been practicing since 2004. Mr Elhalwagy has a special interest in urogynaecology (prolapse, urinary incontinence and sexual dysfunction), Menorrhagia and minimally invasive laparoscopic & hysteroscopic gynaecological surgery (for abnormal bleeding, pelvic masses and pelvic pain). He established an integrated multidisciplinary urogynaecology team cross the trust. He is leading the department to attain national British society of urogynaecology accreditation. He has extensive clinical and surgical expertise to manage urinary incontinence, frequency, urgency & recurrent cystitis and to perform pelvic reconstructive surgery for incontinence & uterovaginal prolapse. A subjective retrospective audit of his continence surgery showed a success rate of 86% and success rate of prolapsed surgery of 91%. He also is interested in the management of sexual dysfunction, including vaginal corrective surgery.
Mr Elhalwagy was elected to the membership of the publication Committee of the International Urogynaecology Association and he is currently the editor of the expert corner of the IUGA newsletter.
Mr Elhalwagy practices a holistic style of gynaecology. He frequently considers conservative and alternative therapies before resorting to surgery. He particularly like teaching and training in his area of subspecialisation .He always endeavour to update his knowledge and practice to the best practice according to the NICE guidelines and to the most up to date research.
Mr Hosam Elhalwagy FRCOG,M.D
Consultant UroGynaecology and Minimally invasive surgery
Eastbourne DGH, King’s Drive, Eastbourne BN21 2UD, Michelham Private Patient Unit