Mr Andrew Armitage
MBBS, FRCS (Orth & Tr), BSc
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Lower limb orthopaedic surgery including knee replacement and revision surgery, sports knee injury and ligament reconstruction, arthroscopic surgery, patella stabilisation, hip surgery and replacement.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, (Head of Department 2006-2011) East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, Eastbourne District Hospital, Eastbourne.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Esperance Hospital, Eastbourne
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, The Horder Centre, Crowborough.
Training & Qualifications
- Qualified: 1992 MBBS St Thomas’ Hospital, London.
- Specialist training: South East Thames Region
- Clinical Fellowship: 2001 Sports Medicine Fellowship, Perth, Western Australia,
- Post Graduate Qualifications: 1999 Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons London (FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics)
Expertise: lower limb surgery including hip, knee and foot surgery.
Sub speciality expertise: complex knee surgery (joint replacement, revision surgery, ligament reconstruction, menisectomy, soft tissue treatment and management) with over 10 years experience at Consultant level in the NHS and private sector.
Sports injury treatment and management: Professional and semi-professional athletes.
Pioneering work: Early Discharge Programme (Assisted Discharge Scheme/Trauma Assisted Discharge Scheme) for elective and emergency orthopaedic patients.
Teaching and Training
Undergraduate and post graduate trainer KSS Deanery, Advanced Trauma and Life Support Instructor.
British Orthopaedic Association (BOA), South Thames Speciality Knee Group Founder Member.
Spending time with my wife, 2 children and dog. Car enthusiast, play some tennis and attending ‘boot camp’.