Thank you for visiting our website. Please do contact us if you have any questions. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Michelham provides private inpatient and outpatients services throughout the year. We provide care for pre-booked and emergency admissions.
Our aim is to consistently provide affordable private healthcare with outstanding service. We will design a personalised package of care and make a hospital visit a more hotel-like experience.
- To provide a friendly, cheerful and caring atmosphere where everyone feels welcome
- Be your advocate at all times
- Remain committed to keeping each patient and their close family/carer informed about their hospital stay, including on-going investigations, treatment and finances
- Recognise the importance of your right to privacy, honesty, dignity and confidentiality. We will ensure that each person receives care that is non-judgemental and unbiased
- Provide you with holistic care. You will receive tailored care that meets your psychological, physiological, social, cultural and spiritual needs.
Our service is accessed via a referral from your GP, with fees settled by private health insurance policies or you can self-fund. Our pricing policy is based on the principle that is should be simple, open and fair. Our prices are also highly competitive.
Should you require any further information or assistance after viewing this site, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We never forget that the main reason we are here is to give you the best possible treatment and care. You may also be interested to know that all the income we generate is reinvested back into East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust for the benefit of all patients.
Many people are surprised to learn that the tranquil Michelham Private Patients Unit is a hidden oasis within Eastbourne District General Hospital (DGH). Some medical procedures can only be offered in private units that have NHS 24-hour care and emergency services on-site.
Michelham offers an extensive range of medical care – from minor outpatient treatments to very complex surgery and Cardiology inpatient services. There are a number of GP-referred outpatient services as well as independent complementary therapies and health consultations.